- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Watson pulls out at Torrey Pines
SAN DIEGO (AP) - Masters champion Bubba Watson has withdrawn from the Farmers Insurance Open because of an illness.
Watson is a past champion at Torrey Pines, winning two years ago with a birdie putt on the final hole. He tweeted Thursday, “Pulling out of tourney this morning, don’t have energy for golf. Feel the same as Maui.” Watson had a stomach illness at Kapalua during the Tournament of Champions, where he tied for fourth.
Watson was to play with Phil Mickelson and defending champion Brandt Snedeker. He was replaced in the field by Billy Mayfair.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again