- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Computer tech wins LeBron’s contest
MIAMI (AP) - A 50-year-old computer technician from McHenry, Ill., made a half-court shot to win $75,000 and a hug from LeBron James.
“Nice way to meet somebody,” Drysch said. “I can’t believe it.”
The long shot was a long shot, especially given Drysch’s shooting form.
“When he wound up I was like, `Oh no, there’s no way,’” James said. “When it dropped, that was awesome. I would have probably air-balled that one in that situation.”
Drysch said he practiced the shot and made “maybe 1 percent.”
“That was crazy,” Heat guard Dwyane Wade said. “The place erupted. It was like it was when we won the finals.”
“I heard the eruption, and I turned and I saw LeBron absolutely tackle him,” Spoelstra said.
“I had no idea what was going on. That fan, while he’ll love the $75,000, having that on video _ LeBron James tackling you at half court in front of 20,000 _ I think will be the longer-lasting memory.”
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.