- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Computer tech wins LeBron’s contest
MIAMI (AP) - A 50-year-old computer technician from McHenry, Ill., made a half-court shot to win $75,000 and a hug from LeBron James.
“Nice way to meet somebody,” Drysch said. “I can’t believe it.”
The long shot was a long shot, especially given Drysch’s shooting form.
“When he wound up I was like, `Oh no, there’s no way,’” James said. “When it dropped, that was awesome. I would have probably air-balled that one in that situation.”
Drysch said he practiced the shot and made “maybe 1 percent.”
“That was crazy,” Heat guard Dwyane Wade said. “The place erupted. It was like it was when we won the finals.”
“I heard the eruption, and I turned and I saw LeBron absolutely tackle him,” Spoelstra said.
“I had no idea what was going on. That fan, while he’ll love the $75,000, having that on video _ LeBron James tackling you at half court in front of 20,000 _ I think will be the longer-lasting memory.”
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014