- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Former Israel leader Sharon has special brain scan
JERUSALEM (AP) - Israeli hospital officials say a comatose former prime minister has undergone a special brain imaging scan.
Inbar Gutter, spokeswoman for Soroka Hospital in Beersheba, said Friday that former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon was transferred to the hospital the previous night for the scan.
After a few hours, he was returned to Tel Hashomer hospital in central Israel, where he is being cared for, hospital spokesman Amir Marom said. Officials said the scan was previously scheduled but would not comment on the results.
Israeli media report the scan seeks to determine if Sharon’s condition can be improved. Hospital officials would not comment on that claim.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.