- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hagel qualified — for retirement
Question of the Day
The obvious question in my mind when I hear that former Sen. Chuck Hagel is superbly qualified to be secretary of defense is, how so?
It is obvious that he has the proper credentials to disembowel our military, to cut all ties with Israel and with all of our allies, and to enfranchise our enemies. Despite the comments by his supporters that he is a friend of Israel, his record is to the contrary. His laissez faire attitude toward Iran and its nuclear ambitions is well documented.
This may be seen as payback time for President Obama against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the Jewish state, but it would be a catastrophe for our credentials in the Arab world. It would indicate that our support is not continuing but is instead subject to change as Iran threatens not only Israel but the entire Middle East.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million
- Bill Maher blames Hamas for Gaza violence: 'Do you really expect the Israelis not to retaliate?'
- HUMPHRIES: 'Hes the Worst President in 70 Years'