- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Queen Fabiola annuls foundation seen as tax dodge
Question of the Day
BRUSSELS (AP) - Belgium’s Queen Fabiola won’t set up an inheritance foundation that was widely criticized as a dodge to shield some of her fortune from the tax man.
Two weeks after she was rebuked by Prime Minister Elio Di Rupo, the 84-year-old widow of former King Baudouin announced her decision Friday and apologized that it had created `’such negative reactions.”
The government had called the queen’s plan to create a private fund to deal with her inheritance ethically flawed even if it was strictly legal.
Fabiola, who is childless, insisted that none of the money granted to her by the government _ almost (EURO)1.5 million ($2 million) a year _ would have been used in the new fund, which would only include her private money.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors