- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
Celtics PG Rondo tears right ACL; surgery expected
The team made the announcement during Sunday’s game against the Miami Heat. The Celtics had lost six in a row heading into the nationally televised game despite back-to-back triple doubles by the point guard who had been elected to start for the East in the Feb. 17 All-Star game in Houston.
Rondo reported to the TD Garden on Sunday for a pregame shootaround but was taken to a hospital after complaining of knee pain. The initial report was a hyperextended knee, but tests showed the ACL tear.
The injury usually takes up to a year for recovery. Surgery had not been scheduled as of Sunday afternoon, team spokesman Brian Olive said.
Rondo was averaging 13.7 points and 11.1 assists this season while the Celtics struggled to remain at .500. They entered the day with a 20-23 record, holding the eighth and final spot in the Eastern Conference playoff race.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Arrest made in Ohio bar shooting that killed 3
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again