- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
Celtics PG Rondo tears right ACL; surgery expected
The team made the announcement during Sunday’s game against the Miami Heat. The Celtics had lost six in a row heading into the nationally televised game despite back-to-back triple doubles by the point guard who had been elected to start for the East in the Feb. 17 All-Star game in Houston.
Rondo reported to the TD Garden on Sunday for a pregame shootaround but was taken to a hospital after complaining of knee pain. The initial report was a hyperextended knee, but tests showed the ACL tear.
The injury usually takes up to a year for recovery. Surgery had not been scheduled as of Sunday afternoon, team spokesman Brian Olive said.
Rondo was averaging 13.7 points and 11.1 assists this season while the Celtics struggled to remain at .500. They entered the day with a 20-23 record, holding the eighth and final spot in the Eastern Conference playoff race.
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- NAPOLITANO: Liberty, the wellspring of capitalism and charity
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Pentagon may give recruits 'a shot to start over' after shameful social media posts
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- HARPER: 'Knockout game' not a myth to liberal Sharpton
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Inside the Ring: China targeting U.S. spy flights amid escalating tensions
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.