- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Kristofferson salutes Nelson with new award
Question of the Day
This time Kristofferson awarded Nelson with the first Kris Kristofferson Award, the Nashville Songwriters Association International’s new lifetime achievement award. Then the two played together Sunday night at The Bluebird Cafe.
The pair teamed on hits like “Crazy” and “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down” as Jamey Johnson looked on from a corner and producer Fred Foster watched from a stage-side table during an invitation-only gathering at the venue known as a songwriter’s showcase.
The 76-year-old Kristofferson joked he was embarrassed the NSAI named the award after him. He’s a founding member of the songwriter’s organization and like the 79-year-old Nelson a member of its hall of fame.
“If I had seen what’s happening right now before right now I would’ve thought I was dreaming because when I came to Nashville, Nashville was the most exciting place for a creative artist to be,” Kristofferson told the crowd. “And the people I hung around with were serious songwriters who were totally unselfish, and their hero and my hero was a guy that nobody else knew. It was Willie Nelson. He’s unlike anybody else.”
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors