- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Smile, Tina Fey, you’re on SAG Awards trophy cam
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Tina Fey had a surprise waiting when the “30 Rock” star arrived backstage at the Screen Actors Guild Awards to pick up her trophy.
After winning best comedy actress for the fifth time, Fey signed her name left-handed to the statuette receipt and agreement awaiting all winners at the trophy table on Sunday night.
Then she looked at her award and noticed the base was swathed in black duct tape.
“I got one with a camera,” Fey said. “I saw the tape and I thought it was broken.”
She was told the tiny video camera attached to the trophy would be following the award throughout the evening to record its activities for The Associated Press. At that, she leaned over and whispered sweet words to what she called “Trophy No. 775.”
“I didn’t expect to be out of my seat at all tonight,” Fey said in the small room. “I thought I was going to get drunk.”
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world