- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Smile, Tina Fey, you’re on SAG Awards trophy cam
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Tina Fey had a surprise waiting when the “30 Rock” star arrived backstage at the Screen Actors Guild Awards to pick up her trophy.
After winning best comedy actress for the fifth time, Fey signed her name left-handed to the statuette receipt and agreement awaiting all winners at the trophy table on Sunday night.
Then she looked at her award and noticed the base was swathed in black duct tape.
“I got one with a camera,” Fey said. “I saw the tape and I thought it was broken.”
She was told the tiny video camera attached to the trophy would be following the award throughout the evening to record its activities for The Associated Press. At that, she leaned over and whispered sweet words to what she called “Trophy No. 775.”
“I didn’t expect to be out of my seat at all tonight,” Fey said in the small room. “I thought I was going to get drunk.”
TWT Video Picks
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Kirsten Dunst: Actress sparks feminist ire: 'You need a man to be a man'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes