- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Clinton’s true colors exposed at hearings
Question of the Day
At one of the recent congressional hearings on the Benghazi, Libya, terrorist attacks that claimed the lives of U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton exposed her true moral character when asked about the administration’s initial position on the murders (“The terrifying mindset of Secretary Clinton,” Page A4, Monday).
The White House at first held that the attack was the work of an angry mob of protesters. In response to this inquiry at the hearing, Mrs. Clinton rhetorically asked: “What difference, at this point, does it make?” That snide remark is quite enlightening. It suggests that to Mrs. Clinton, it makes no difference that the administration lied to the American people by alleging that the attack was a spontaneous reaction by protesters to cover up the fact that the assault was actually a planned effort by terrorists.
If it makes no difference to her whether the administration tells the truth or lies to the American people, how are we to believe anything she says? Her attitude, it seems, is that “we the people” do not deserve to be told the truth — especially when it is politically expedient to lie. One wonders if she was telling the truth by declaring that she did not know about Ambassador Stevens‘ cables urgently requesting additional security. In light of her attitude, one is required to question anything she says to avoid blame for the Benghazi atrocities.
HARRISON E. McCANDLISH
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy