- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
- Cries of anguish as South Korea ferry toll tops 100
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Clinton’s true colors exposed at hearings
At one of the recent congressional hearings on the Benghazi, Libya, terrorist attacks that claimed the lives of U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton exposed her true moral character when asked about the administration’s initial position on the murders (“The terrifying mindset of Secretary Clinton,” Page A4, Monday).
The White House at first held that the attack was the work of an angry mob of protesters. In response to this inquiry at the hearing, Mrs. Clinton rhetorically asked: “What difference, at this point, does it make?” That snide remark is quite enlightening. It suggests that to Mrs. Clinton, it makes no difference that the administration lied to the American people by alleging that the attack was a spontaneous reaction by protesters to cover up the fact that the assault was actually a planned effort by terrorists.
If it makes no difference to her whether the administration tells the truth or lies to the American people, how are we to believe anything she says? Her attitude, it seems, is that “we the people” do not deserve to be told the truth — especially when it is politically expedient to lie. One wonders if she was telling the truth by declaring that she did not know about Ambassador Stevens‘ cables urgently requesting additional security. In light of her attitude, one is required to question anything she says to avoid blame for the Benghazi atrocities.
HARRISON E. McCANDLISH
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Get Breaking Alerts
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan affirmative action ban
- Bonuses given to IRS employes who owed back taxes