- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Correction: SAG Awards-Quotes story
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - In a Jan. 27 story compiling winners’ reactions to the Screen Actors Guild Awards, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Penelope Wilton accepted the cast award for “Downton Abbey.” Phyllis Logan accepted the award. Also, “Downton Abbey” was misspelled in the story.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Quotes from the Screen Actors Guild Awards
Quotes from the 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards
By The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) _ Quotes from the 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
“I’m just so thrilled I have dental.” _ Best supporting actress winner Anne Hathaway after accepting her Screen Actors Guild award for her role in “Les Miserables.”
“Just tape the `Big Bang Theory’ for once, for crying out loud.” _ Best supporting comedy actress winner Tina Fey, whose show “30 Rock” is ending its run this week and is going up against a show more popular in the ratings.
“If I made him laugh a couple of times, I think he’d be happy enough with that.” _ Best actor winner Daniel Day-Lewis on what President Abraham Lincoln might think of his performance.
“To me this has nothing to do with me, it has to do with the incredible people who were in this movie.” _ Ben Affleck, whose film “Argo” won for best movie cast.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Michael Moore, movie-making critic of capitalism, has nine homes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq