- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
- Ex-Gov. Christie aides to judge: Quash subpoenas
Correction: SAG Awards-Quotes story
LOS ANGELES (AP) - In a Jan. 27 story compiling winners’ reactions to the Screen Actors Guild Awards, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Penelope Wilton accepted the cast award for “Downton Abbey.” Phyllis Logan accepted the award. Also, “Downton Abbey” was misspelled in the story.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Quotes from the Screen Actors Guild Awards
Quotes from the 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards
By The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) _ Quotes from the 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
“I’m just so thrilled I have dental.” _ Best supporting actress winner Anne Hathaway after accepting her Screen Actors Guild award for her role in “Les Miserables.”
“Just tape the `Big Bang Theory’ for once, for crying out loud.” _ Best supporting comedy actress winner Tina Fey, whose show “30 Rock” is ending its run this week and is going up against a show more popular in the ratings.
“If I made him laugh a couple of times, I think he’d be happy enough with that.” _ Best actor winner Daniel Day-Lewis on what President Abraham Lincoln might think of his performance.
“To me this has nothing to do with me, it has to do with the incredible people who were in this movie.” _ Ben Affleck, whose film “Argo” won for best movie cast.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Redskins free agency: 5 positions to watch
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again