- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Correction: SAG Awards-Quotes story
LOS ANGELES (AP) - In a Jan. 27 story compiling winners’ reactions to the Screen Actors Guild Awards, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Penelope Wilton accepted the cast award for “Downton Abbey.” Phyllis Logan accepted the award. Also, “Downton Abbey” was misspelled in the story.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Quotes from the Screen Actors Guild Awards
Quotes from the 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards
By The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) _ Quotes from the 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
“I’m just so thrilled I have dental.” _ Best supporting actress winner Anne Hathaway after accepting her Screen Actors Guild award for her role in “Les Miserables.”
“Just tape the `Big Bang Theory’ for once, for crying out loud.” _ Best supporting comedy actress winner Tina Fey, whose show “30 Rock” is ending its run this week and is going up against a show more popular in the ratings.
“If I made him laugh a couple of times, I think he’d be happy enough with that.” _ Best actor winner Daniel Day-Lewis on what President Abraham Lincoln might think of his performance.
“To me this has nothing to do with me, it has to do with the incredible people who were in this movie.” _ Ben Affleck, whose film “Argo” won for best movie cast.
- Angry NTSB ousts railroad union from N.Y. train crash site
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Wingate University on lockdown after 2 shot dead
- First Dog Sunny knocks down Ashtyn Gardner; Michelle Obama yanks leash
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Does it take over 25 years in public service to really know what goes on in Washington?