• Feb. 9 — “Angels, Demons and Savages: Pollock, Ossorio, Dubuffet.” The exhibit brings together works by Jackson Pollock, Alfonso Ossorio and Jean Dubuffet to create a visual dialogue among the three artists. Closes May 12. (Information: 202/387-3151, www.phillipscollection.org.)
• Feb. 21 — In the Leading European Composers performance series, Finnish composer Kaija Saaraho presents her own compositions, a combination of live musicians and electronics.
Folger Theater and Library
• Jan. 30 — Shakespeare’s “Henry V” will be directed by Robert Richmond with Zach Appelman (“War Horse” on Broadway) as King Henry. Closes March 3. Shakespeare’s “Twelfth Night” will follow from March 30 to June 9. (Information: 202/675 0342, www.folger.edu.)
• March 28 — “Wallenstein,” Friedrich Schiller’s German classic about a general wrestling with his inner demons in the 17th-century religious European conflict, the Thirty Years War, is directed by the theater company’s director Michael Khan. Closes June 2. (Tickets and information: 202/547-1122, firstname.lastname@example.org.)
• March 28 — Shakespeare’s “Coriolanus.” Run ends June 2.
• May 9 — “The Winter’s Tale,” directed by Rebecca Bayla Taichman, is Shakespeare’s story of a king who arrests his wife in a fit of jealous rage and spends the rest of life regretting it. Run ends June 23.
• March 15 — “Mary T. & Lizzie K.” is Tazewell Thompson’s play written as part of the Arena Stage’s program of encouraging new American playwriting. The piece centers on the relationship between presidential widow Mary Todd Lincoln and her seamstress, Lizzie Keckley, a freed slave. Run ends April 28. (Tickets and information: 202/488-3300, http://tickets.arenastage.org.)
• Feb. 1 — “Good People” by David Lindsay-Abaire (“Rabbit Hole”), an off-Broadway success, will run until March 10. A woman in need of financial help tries to rekindle an old flame with a wealthy former lover.
Gala Hispanic Theatre
• March 18 — “Los aventuras de Don Quijote de La Mancha” is Patricia Suarez’s bilingual presentation — but the title needs no translation. Closes March 30. (Tickets and information: 202/234-7174, email@example.com.)
By Rand Paul
Obama acts as though we no longer have a Constitution
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
What does the middle-class conservative think about everything? Find out here.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up.
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal
Vietnam Memorial adds four names
Cinco de Mayo on the Mall
NRA kicks off annual convention
California wildfires wreak havoc