“A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.”
- (Bumper sticker spotted in Roanoke, Va.)
Expect to hear a few choice words from former four-star Army Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal, who has avoided the media since July 2010, “when President Obama forced him to resign as commander of all U.S. and coalition forces in Afghanistan.” That is according to the Penguin Group, which will publish “My Share of the Task,” the officer’s memoir, on Monday.
“He never commented on the controversial Rolling Stone article that labeled him ‘The Runaway General.’” Penguin says. “General McChrystal is now ready to discuss his 38-year career and more, from West Point in the ‘70s, to the rebirth of Special Operations in the ‘80s and ‘90s, to the controversies of the war on terrorism.”
On his list of talking points: the future of Afghanistan and Libya, “his longtime friend and colleague David Petraeus” and the death of Army Ranger Pat Tillman.
POLL DU JOUR
• 69 percent of Americans say they are “optimistic” about how they will fare in 2013.
• 53 percent of Republicans, 83 percent of Democrats and 68 percent of independents agree.
• 51 percent of conservatives, 89 percent of liberals and 78 percent of moderates also agree.
• 66 percent of men and 71 percent women say they’re optimistic about the upcoming year.
• 54 percent of those over 65 and 66 percent of those ages 50-64 agree.
• 73 percent of those 30-49 and 80 percent of those 18-29 also agree.
Source: A USA Today/Gallup poll of 1,025 U.S. adults conducted Dec. 14-17 and released Wednesday.View Entire Story
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Jay Sekulow
The left's outrage over the IRS turns to a plea to 'move on'
Independent voices from the TWT Communities
News and opinion from a Millennial Urbanite with Southern sensibilities,
Politics and pop culture from the perspective of an independent hip-hop conservative
Positive propaganda for a nation in peril.
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
World's Ugliest Dog Contest
Spelling Bee finale
Marines train Afghan soldiers
Rolling Thunder 2013
Benghazi: The anatomy of a scandal