- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
Meal-sized salad uses poached eggs
Question of the Day
The beauty of poached eggs is their versatility. Depending on what you pair them with, they can be breakfast, lunch or even dinner.
For this quick and easy weekday meal, I serve them with a bed of arugula, a scoop of ricotta cheese — one of the most overlooked cheeses in the dairy case (it’s good for more than just lasagna and stuffed shells!) — and a bit of buttered multigrain toast. It’s simple, it’s filling and it could be breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Want it to be a bit more robust? Just about any cooked and cooled vegetable could be added to the arugula. Leftover roasted winter vegetables, such as butternut squash or carrots, would be great.
POACHED EGGS OVER RICOTTA
Start to finish: 20 minutes
4 cups arugula
2 cups ricotta cheese
Zest of 1 lemon
Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar
4 large eggs
Minced fresh chives
4 thick slices multigrain bread, toasted and buttered
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Communities writers read and review current and past books of note. Also, news and views focusing on print and online media.
An objective, analysis-based perspective of D.C. sports as seen through the eyes of lifelong D.C. sports enthusiast, John Heibel.
The Career Doctor Cassi Fields prescribes valuable advice for anyone looking to find a career, nail an interview or earn a promotion.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow