- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Meal-sized salad uses poached eggs
The beauty of poached eggs is their versatility. Depending on what you pair them with, they can be breakfast, lunch or even dinner.
For this quick and easy weekday meal, I serve them with a bed of arugula, a scoop of ricotta cheese — one of the most overlooked cheeses in the dairy case (it’s good for more than just lasagna and stuffed shells!) — and a bit of buttered multigrain toast. It’s simple, it’s filling and it could be breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Want it to be a bit more robust? Just about any cooked and cooled vegetable could be added to the arugula. Leftover roasted winter vegetables, such as butternut squash or carrots, would be great.
POACHED EGGS OVER RICOTTA
Start to finish: 20 minutes
4 cups arugula
2 cups ricotta cheese
Zest of 1 lemon
Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar
4 large eggs
Minced fresh chives
4 thick slices multigrain bread, toasted and buttered
TWT Video Picks
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear C.I.A. caught flat-footed
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Wal-Mart forced to apologize for 'mistake' favoring English-speaking shoppers
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes