- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No peace without charter change
Peace is a condition of harmony between nations and their people with no threats of acts of war or terrorism.
The people of Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Monaco and Switzerland, for example, live their lives without fears of jihad or terrorism. Would a peace agreement between Israel and any Palestinian entity produce peace such as the tranquility that exists in these European nations?
The Oslo agreement was an attempt to achieve this serenity, with the concept of Israel relinquishing control of segments of land for peace with the Palestinians. Unfortunately, in the Palestinian leadership the images of jihad, martyrdom and terrorism — the exact antitheses of peace — have not diminished one iota.
Furthermore, Yasser Arafat and the Palestinian leaders bamboozled President Clinton and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu into believing that they annulled the onerous Palestinian Liberation Organization charter clauses declaring that the establishment of Israel was illegal and void, and that the Palestinians would engage in armed resistance until Israel was destroyed. Not one word of the PLO charter, which the Palestinians consider their junior Koran, has ever been changed.
Until the Palestinian leadership and the Palestinians completely and properly annul the PLO charter, the Fatah Constitution, the Hamas Charter and the concepts of jihad, martyrdom and terrorism, Israel should not consider any meeting with the Palestinian leadership.
WILLIAM K. LANGFAN
Palm Beach, Fla.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Get Breaking Alerts
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter