- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
Question of the Day
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
BOX OFFICE 2012: 5 HARD LESSONS
Despite a record-breaking take of $10.8 billion, Hollywood executives have lots of reasons to worry _ from the fading power of stars to the end-of-year movie glut.
`ONCE UPON A TIME’ BOSSES TEASE MIDSEASON RETURN
“Death’s a big deal,” executive producer Edward Kitsis said of the fairy-tale drama’s midseason return.
AL GORE’S CURRENT TV SOLD TO AL JAZEERA
Time Warner Cable drops the low-rated network amid sale to the Qatar-based news organization.
BLACKS TURN OUT IN FORCE FOR QUENTIN TARANTINO’S `DJANGO UNCHAINED’
Debate over multiple uses of the N-word in the film doesn’t appear to be dampening moviegoers’ interest.
FROM ST. BARTS TO SAFARIS, HOW HOLLYWOOD SPENT ITS HOLIDAY VACATION
Where Haim Saban, Leslie Moonves, Dana Walden, Simon Cowell and other industry elites stayed and played during the December respite.
ACADEMY MEMBERS SOUND OFF ON OSCAR VOTING ISSUES (ANALYSIS)
As e-ballot snafus and a new voting timetable lead to a year-end crunch, THR talks with members about the rules changes and their experiences
OSCAR ANTICS: STEVEN SPIELBERG’S ANTI-CAMPAIGN FOR `LINCOLN’
The director claims he doesn’t lobby the academy as he pitches the movie to the Senate, Obama and intellectuals across America.
TODD McCARTHY PICKS 15 FILMS TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN 2013
From Baz Luhrmann’s long-delayed “Great Gatsby” adaptation to new offerings from Jason Reitman, Alfonso Cuaron and the Coen brothers, THR’s chief film critic lays out the year in anticipated movies.
INTEL’S TV SERVICE: IS HOLLYWOOD ON BOARD?
A service offering a la carte channels outside of conventional cable bundles could launch sometime this year.
HBO SUED OVER ALLEGED HORSE DEATHS COVER-UP ON `LUCK’
Former American Humane Association employee blows the whistle on an alleged attempt by show producers to pressure animal monitoring organization to look the other way.
TWT Video Picks
Pretending to be what they're not only goes so far for politicians
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Bill Clinton audio surfaces from Sept. 10, 2001: 'I could have killed' Osama bin Laden
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world