- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
McCain: Obama-Clinton ‘60 Minutes’ interview not Biden’s ‘happiest day’
A top Senate Republican joked Wednesday that Vice President Joseph R. Biden probably had some additional heartburn after President Obama showered his outgoing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton with praise during a joint interview that aired on national television last week.
Alluding to the growing speculation that Mr. Biden and Mrs. Clinton are considering White House bids in 2016, Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican, said at a Politico-sponsored breakfast that, "I don't think it was his happiest day after the '60 Minutes' piece."
Asked to explain his comment, Mr. McCain quipped, "I wouldn't understand that."
In the interview, Mr. Obama suggested that he agreed to do the joint interview — the only one he has given as president alongside anyone other than first lady Michelle Obama — because he "wanted to have a chance to publicly say thank you" to Mrs. Clinton.
"I think Hillary will go down as one the finest secretaries of state we've had. I'm going to miss her. I wish she was sticking around," Mr. Obama said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Americans for Prosperity ad attacks N.H. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen's Obamacare vote
- Senate races are close in Southern states, poll shows
- Sen. Rand Paul: Limited Washington experience isn't always bad
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014