- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
McCain: Obama-Clinton ‘60 Minutes’ interview not Biden’s ‘happiest day’
Question of the Day
A top Senate Republican joked Wednesday that Vice President Joseph R. Biden probably had some additional heartburn after President Obama showered his outgoing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton with praise during a joint interview that aired on national television last week.
Alluding to the growing speculation that Mr. Biden and Mrs. Clinton are considering White House bids in 2016, Sen. John McCain, Arizona Republican, said at a Politico-sponsored breakfast that, "I don't think it was his happiest day after the '60 Minutes' piece."
Asked to explain his comment, Mr. McCain quipped, "I wouldn't understand that."
In the interview, Mr. Obama suggested that he agreed to do the joint interview — the only one he has given as president alongside anyone other than first lady Michelle Obama — because he "wanted to have a chance to publicly say thank you" to Mrs. Clinton.
"I think Hillary will go down as one the finest secretaries of state we've had. I'm going to miss her. I wish she was sticking around," Mr. Obama said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Chris Christie faces flak on New Hampshire campaign foray
- Chris Christie sidesteps Bridgegate, again tops Republican presidential field
- Democrats may win at fundraising but still lose to GOP at polls
- Impeachment talks revving up Democratic base: DCCC
- Boehner says impeachment talk is Democratic fundraising ploy
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors