- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Menendez denies he was with Dominican prostitutes
WASHINGTON (AP) — Sen. Robert Menendez’s office says he traveled on a plane owned by a Florida physician who is a friend and political donor, but denied that the senator had engaged with prostitutes in the Dominican Republic.
The New Jersey Democrat’s office issued the denial Wednesday. It said he had traveled on three occasions on Dr. Salomon Melgen’s airplane. The FBI searched Dr. Melgen’s West Palm Beach, Fla., office Tuesday night and early Wednesday, but it was unclear if the raid was related to Mr. Menendez.
Mr. Menendez’s office said the trips were “paid for and reported appropriately.”
The Daily Caller, a conservative website, reported shortly before the election that Mr. Menendez traveled on Dr. Melgen’s private plane to the Dominican Republic to engage in sex with prostitutes. The FBI has refused to comment on whether Mr. Menendez is under investigation.
Mr. Menendez is chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again