- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Menendez denies he was with Dominican prostitutes
Question of the Day
WASHINGTON (AP) — Sen. Robert Menendez’s office says he traveled on a plane owned by a Florida physician who is a friend and political donor, but denied that the senator had engaged with prostitutes in the Dominican Republic.
The New Jersey Democrat’s office issued the denial Wednesday. It said he had traveled on three occasions on Dr. Salomon Melgen’s airplane. The FBI searched Dr. Melgen’s West Palm Beach, Fla., office Tuesday night and early Wednesday, but it was unclear if the raid was related to Mr. Menendez.
Mr. Menendez’s office said the trips were “paid for and reported appropriately.”
The Daily Caller, a conservative website, reported shortly before the election that Mr. Menendez traveled on Dr. Melgen’s private plane to the Dominican Republic to engage in sex with prostitutes. The FBI has refused to comment on whether Mr. Menendez is under investigation.
Mr. Menendez is chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors