- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Schwarzenegger lauds Austria’s environment record
VIENNA (AP) - Arnold Schwarzenegger is praising Austria _ and not because it’s the country of his birth.
Arriving in Vienna on Wednesday ahead of the launch of his energy and climate change project, Schwarzenegger lauded “all the great things in Austria that are happening regarding climate change.”
European Commission President José Manuel Barroso will be joined by Austrian Chancellor Werner Fayman and other Austrian leaders at what organizers describe as the opening meeting of Schwarzenegger’s R20 initiative Thursday.
The project is intended to focus on the role of states, regions, cities and provinces in working to achieve U.N. and European Union environmental goals.
Schwarzenegger, an action film star and ex-California governor, is beloved in his native Austria despite weathering some personal scandals, including revelations that he had an extra-marital affair.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.