- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Wrong pick for RNC chairman
Reince Priebus has been re-elected as Republican National Committee chairman (“Priebus overwhelmingly wins second term at RNC,” Web, Friday)? You’ve got to be kidding. The attendees at the recent meeting in Charlotte, N.C., cited appalling statistics about the Republican Party’s current inability to attract women and minorities — and then it re-elected Mr. Priebus.
How about considering a woman to lead the Republican Party? Better yet, perhaps a highly articulate minority woman who is familiar with what the policies in Washington are doing to families, their finances and their children’s education. Let us have a woman who can motivate not only the electorate but maybe shame our dysfunctional Congress into spending less by cutting the pork and making choices — the way families do. We cannot have it all.
Franklin D. Roosevelt in the 1930s and Lyndon Johnson’s “guns and butter” in the 1960s only added to our problems. However, we must deal with the status quo, and it isn’t pretty. Our national woes need to be dealt with effectively, and the Republican Party can do it — with the right leadership.
CAROL F. JOHNSON
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws