- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
THE HOLLYWOOD MATH BEHIND HOW LINDSAY LOHAN‘S `THE CANYONS’ WILL MAKE MONEY
Even though the $160,000-budget, nudity-heavy movie was passed over by Sundance and SXSW, a buyer tells THR, “There’s so much press about the film that someone will grab it.”
LUCASFILM’S KATHLEEN KENNEDY OPENS UP ABOUT `LINCOLN,’ `STAR WARS’ AND SECRET J.J. ABRAMS MEETINGS
In her first in-depth profile, Kennedy reveals how she landed Abrams to direct “Episode VII” as THR talks to Steven Spielberg, David Fincher and producer husband Frank Marshall, who remembers meeting her: “There was no way I was going to screw this up by hitting on Steven’s assistant.”
MacFarlane co-wrote and is directing and starring in what is being described as a “Blazing Saddles”-style comedy.
CAA SEEKS $1M IN UNPAID COMMISSIONS FROM TONY SCOTT ESTATE
A creditor’s claim says the filmmaker, who jumped to his death from a bridge in August, owed money from several projects.
WHY `MOVIE 43’S’ A-LIST ACTORS ARE STAYING FAR AWAY
Oscar nominees Hugh Jackman and Naomi Watts were among the high-profile talent who didn’t turn up at the L.A. premiere of their sketch comedy on Jan. 23.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: Harry Reid's corrupt Senate house of cards
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again