- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
The Hollywood Reporter’s best of the week
The Hollywood Reporter’s list of its 10 best stories of the week:
THE HOLLYWOOD MATH BEHIND HOW LINDSAY LOHAN’S `THE CANYONS’ WILL MAKE MONEY
Even though the $160,000-budget, nudity-heavy movie was passed over by Sundance and SXSW, a buyer tells THR, “There’s so much press about the film that someone will grab it.”
LUCASFILM’S KATHLEEN KENNEDY OPENS UP ABOUT `LINCOLN,’ `STAR WARS’ AND SECRET J.J. ABRAMS MEETINGS
In her first in-depth profile, Kennedy reveals how she landed Abrams to direct “Episode VII” as THR talks to Steven Spielberg, David Fincher and producer husband Frank Marshall, who remembers meeting her: “There was no way I was going to screw this up by hitting on Steven’s assistant.”
CHARLIZE THERON NEARING DEAL TO STAR IN SETH MACFARLANE’S `MILLION WAYS TO DIE’
MacFarlane co-wrote and is directing and starring in what is being described as a “Blazing Saddles”-style comedy.
CAA SEEKS $1M IN UNPAID COMMISSIONS FROM TONY SCOTT ESTATE
A creditor’s claim says the filmmaker, who jumped to his death from a bridge in August, owed money from several projects.
WHY `MOVIE 43’S’ A-LIST ACTORS ARE STAYING FAR AWAY
Oscar nominees Hugh Jackman and Naomi Watts were among the high-profile talent who didn’t turn up at the L.A. premiere of their sketch comedy on Jan. 23.
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.