- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
TBS only briefly considered ‘Cougar Town’ change
PASADENA, CALIF. (AP) - TBS and the makers of “Cougar Town” say they only briefly considered changing the show’s title with its move to cable TV, but they didn’t want to throw away years of marketing that has given the comedy starring Courteney Cox an identity.
TBS has even run an advertising campaign calling it a funny show with a terrible title.
“We wear it as a badge of honor,” Lawrence said. “I still enjoy mocking it.”
Lawrence was unhappy with ABC for holding the show in limbo before TBS bought it. But since ABC parent Walt Disney Co. still produces the show, he said at a news conference Friday that he wasn’t going to bash his old network.
Before the season premiere, Lawrence and the cast of “Cougar Town” went to bars in different cities to buy people drinks and show them new episodes. To his chagrin, Lawrence said none of the people he bought drinks for was part of the Nielsen Co.’s ratings system.
Lawrence said he hopes the switch to TBS will be seamless and fans of the show won’t notice a difference this season. Actress Busy Philipps became pregnant in real life during filming of the new season, but her character did not become pregnant.
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- White House touts leadership in handling of crisis in Ukraine, despite lack of results
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again