- Oregonians flee in face of fast-moving wildfire as homes go up in blaze
- Eric Holder: ‘Racial animus’ fuels opposition to Obama and me
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl to return to active duty at Fort Sam Houston
- Israel says it’s downed drone along southern coast
- Despite offensive, Gaza rockets still hit Israel
- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
Playboy an inspiration for McCarthy show
Question of the Day
PASADENA, CALIF. (AP) - Jenny McCarthy says she’s looking to Hugh Hefner’s old “Playboy After Dark” as an inspiration for her new talk show.
The actress and former Playboy Playmate will host a late-night talk show Fridays on VH1 starting Feb. 8. After years of being tied up in unproductive development deals, McCarthy said Saturday she came to realize the best character she could play was herself.
She’s looking for a party atmosphere. One segment she plans with celebrity guests is the “groundbreaking interview,” which is talking to guests while both are lying on the ground.
McCarthy also plans a game, “Drunk, Dumb or Both,” asking men outside a bar questions like, “what color is a red boat?”
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Emeryville, Calif., police chief: Guns aren't for defense
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- Obama's 'blank check' rejected as border solution
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs