- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Jeff Lewis, former NFL quarterback, dies at 39
Question of the Day
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — Northern Arizona assistant coach Jeff Lewis, a former Lumberjacks quarterback who played for Denver and Carolina in the NFL, died Saturday. He was 39.
Lewis was Northern Arizona’s wide receivers coach. As a player at the school from 1992-95, Lewis completed 785 of 1,315 passes for 9,639 yards and 67 touchdowns. He was inducted into the NAU Hall of Fame in 2003.
“Today is a very sad day for the Lumberjack football family,” Northern Arizona coach Jerome Souers said. “Jeff was one of the best Lumberjacks of all time and a valuable member of our program.”
Lewis appeared in five games for the Broncos in 1996-98 and seven with the Panthers in 1999-2000. He completed 28 of 54 attempts for 210 yards and threw two interceptions.
Lewis also coached three seasons at Louisville, serving as an offensive administration assistant in 2007 and 2008 and wide receivers coach in 2009.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world