- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Jeff Lewis, former NFL quarterback, dies at 39
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — Northern Arizona assistant coach Jeff Lewis, a former Lumberjacks quarterback who played for Denver and Carolina in the NFL, died Saturday. He was 39.
Lewis was Northern Arizona’s wide receivers coach. As a player at the school from 1992-95, Lewis completed 785 of 1,315 passes for 9,639 yards and 67 touchdowns. He was inducted into the NAU Hall of Fame in 2003.
“Today is a very sad day for the Lumberjack football family,” Northern Arizona coach Jerome Souers said. “Jeff was one of the best Lumberjacks of all time and a valuable member of our program.”
Lewis appeared in five games for the Broncos in 1996-98 and seven with the Panthers in 1999-2000. He completed 28 of 54 attempts for 210 yards and threw two interceptions.
Lewis also coached three seasons at Louisville, serving as an offensive administration assistant in 2007 and 2008 and wide receivers coach in 2009.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.