- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Saban: Bama players should “honor the opportunity”
FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (AP) - Alabama coach Nick Saban says he and his team “honor the opportunity” to play for a national title.
Speaking on Sunday morning, a day before the second-ranked Crimson Tide faces No. 1 Notre Dame, Saban said that means getting players to stay focused on the moment and what they can control. Saban says “great preparation gives you the confidence to do that.”
`Bama will be seeking its second straight BCS title and third in four years. Saban says despite that success he’s most proud that his team didn’t get carried away by a sense of entitlement.
Saban says he’s still deciding what movie to show his team Sunday night. Last year the flick was George Lucas’s “Red Tails.”
The Tide did watch a video of Yankees closer Mariano Rivera talking about focus.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: The modern GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- CPAC 2014: Straw poll signals Paul-Cruz showdown
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again