- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Fires at neighboring P.G. homes ruled ‘suspicious’
Two fires in neighboring homes have been ruled suspicious, a Prince George’s County fire department spokesman said Monday.
The fires started in two unoccupied homes in the 8200 block of Student Drive, spokesman Mark Brady said. The most recent fire was reported at about 1:30 a.m. Monday, at a home described by Mr. Brady as being in the drywall installation stage.
“This house was under construction,” he said, adding that “a lot of things could be ruled out right away” as cause for that fire to start.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames without incident.
The other fire happened on New Year’s Day, Mr. Brady said, at a vacant home next to the house that was damaged Monday morning.
That home was foreclosed and also unoccupied, Mr. Brady said. No injuries were reported.
Mr. Brady said “materials collected at both scenes” had been sent to a forensics lab.
While he could not comment on specifics of the investigation, Mr. Brady said the department was treating both fires as suspicious.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No rest for the retired: Cardinal McCarrick on a mission for peace in Africa
- The sun also rises on Easter in the District
- Higher Ground: Colbert the Catholic
- Feeling taxed today? How about a prayer to St. Matthew?
- 'Matzah Factory' provides hands-on experience for learning about Passover
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.