- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
LPGA adds a tournament in The Bahamas
DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. (AP) - The LPGA Tour has a new tournament this year that will be played in The Bahamas.
Commissioner Mike Whan said Monday that Pure Silk will be the title sponsor of the Bahamas LPGA Classic, to be played May 23-26 at Ocean Club Golf Course at Atlantis in Paradise Islands. The 72-hole event will have a $1.3 million purse.
Whan says there are few things more enjoyable for a commissioner than to tell his players they’re going to The Bahamas for Memorial Day weekend.
Pure Silk also signed on as an official marketing partner of the LPGA. The company that makes shaving cream for women already had deals with players such as Stacy Lewis, Natalie Gulbis and Brittany Lincicome.
The full LPGA schedule is expected to be announced later this week.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.