- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
O’Malley announces $336M for school construction
BALTIMORE — Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley's administration said $336 million in school construction funding and upgrades will be in the budget for the next fiscal year.
The governor made the announcement in Baltimore on Monday.
The budget will include $325 million for the state's Public School Construction Program. That will include $25 million for air conditioning in schools.
Lt. Gov. Anthony Brown said in a statement that air conditioning is a necessity that helps fight against mold and allergens in the air. He said the administration won't rest until all 1,396 of Maryland's schools are safe places for children to learn.
The O'Malley administration says it has allocated $2.4 billion for school construction since Mr. O'Malley, a Democrat, took office in 2007.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.