- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: To liberals, killing is only OK in the womb
Liberals would have us all believe that the right to have guns leads to killings, such as the terrible massacre of little children last month in Newtown, Conn. What these people fail to see is that something they avidly support, abortion, has a great deal to do with the nationwide disrespect for life.
Mother Teresa said, “And if we can accept that a mother can kill even her own child, then how can we tell other people not to kill one another?” That’s a great question, isn’t it? How can our nation allow innocent babies to be killed in what is supposed to be the safest place on Earth — the womb — and then turn around and lecture citizens on gun control?
In a way, supporters of abortion — such as President Obama, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi — are culpable in today’s culture of disrespect.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Dick Cheney: Family feud over gay marriage has been 'dealt with'