- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: To liberals, killing is only OK in the womb
Question of the Day
Liberals would have us all believe that the right to have guns leads to killings, such as the terrible massacre of little children last month in Newtown, Conn. What these people fail to see is that something they avidly support, abortion, has a great deal to do with the nationwide disrespect for life.
Mother Teresa said, “And if we can accept that a mother can kill even her own child, then how can we tell other people not to kill one another?” That’s a great question, isn’t it? How can our nation allow innocent babies to be killed in what is supposed to be the safest place on Earth — the womb — and then turn around and lecture citizens on gun control?
In a way, supporters of abortion — such as President Obama, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi — are culpable in today’s culture of disrespect.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
There's nothing centrist about the senior senator from Virginia
Get Breaking Alerts
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates