- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Alabama QB’s girlfriend draws raves in TV booth
MIAMI GARDENS, FLA. (AP) - Brent Musburger was mightily impressed by Alabama in its rout of Notre Dame in the BCS title game. The same could be said about the ESPN broadcaster when it comes to the girlfriend of Crimson Tide quarterback AJ McCarron.
During Monday night telecast, the camera lingered early in the game on model Katherine Webb, who was in the stands with her mother.
Webb is Miss Alabama, and the 73-year-old Musburger remarked on this "beautiful woman," adding a "Whoa!" at another moment of admiration. Musburger also had this observation: "You quarterbacks, you get all the good-looking women."
With suspense at a minimum in the Tide's 42-14 romp over the Irish, Webb created a bit of online frenzy. She gained more than 130,000 Twitter followers during and after the game. Among them was Arizona Cardinals defensive linemen Darnell Dockett, who tweeted his phone number to her.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.