- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: First lady losing obesity war
About 70 percent of chronic disease is related to obesity. But have no fear, the first lady is on top of it. I must acknowledge that when Michelle Obama announced obesity to be her greatest concern, I thought, just maybe, amid all of the destruction this administration has heaped on the U.S. population, Mrs. Obama would do something constructive. It is not as though she lacks the education or the experience.
I thought she would give a few speeches, rattle a few cages and challenge the status quo. It is way past time that the six-figure earners at the various health-related government agencies get called out on the advice they have been handing out for the past 30 years. Just eat the politically acceptable, ultra-processed, whole grain, fruit- and vegetable-heavy, low-fat, low-cholesterol diet, jog five miles per day, and you will look just like Mrs. Obama — right? Try it and more than likely you will end up a diabetic before the age of 20.
The National Institutes of Health spent $1 billion in the 1990s on the Women’s Health Initiative and could not find a link between the politically acceptable diet and heart disease or cancer. Don’t waste your time reading the cholesterol content labels on the processed foods you buy. The cholesterol is esterified and is practically impossible for your body to absorb anyway. In other words, the label is useless and nonsensical. You would think some of this stuff would upset Mrs. Obama, at least between vacations.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ed Feulner
Nation is rising again on the shoulders of average folks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats’ pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- EDITORIAL: Enforce the Law Act aims to hold Obama accountable
- EDITORIAL: Relief from 'homeowners association nightmares'
- EDITORIAL: Lawyers encouraging pursuit of jackpot justice
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same