- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: First lady losing obesity war
Question of the Day
About 70 percent of chronic disease is related to obesity. But have no fear, the first lady is on top of it. I must acknowledge that when Michelle Obama announced obesity to be her greatest concern, I thought, just maybe, amid all of the destruction this administration has heaped on the U.S. population, Mrs. Obama would do something constructive. It is not as though she lacks the education or the experience.
I thought she would give a few speeches, rattle a few cages and challenge the status quo. It is way past time that the six-figure earners at the various health-related government agencies get called out on the advice they have been handing out for the past 30 years. Just eat the politically acceptable, ultra-processed, whole grain, fruit- and vegetable-heavy, low-fat, low-cholesterol diet, jog five miles per day, and you will look just like Mrs. Obama — right? Try it and more than likely you will end up a diabetic before the age of 20.
The National Institutes of Health spent $1 billion in the 1990s on the Women’s Health Initiative and could not find a link between the politically acceptable diet and heart disease or cancer. Don’t waste your time reading the cholesterol content labels on the processed foods you buy. The cholesterol is esterified and is practically impossible for your body to absorb anyway. In other words, the label is useless and nonsensical. You would think some of this stuff would upset Mrs. Obama, at least between vacations.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Get Breaking Alerts
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Politics and corruption driving water woes
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Laws should target criminals, not the law-abiding
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Temple Mount is still Judaism's holiest site
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: If Israeli laid down its arms
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop silence on relocations of illegal aliens