- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
Luke Bryan to join Blake Shelton as ACMs co-host
NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - Luke Bryan is joining Blake Shelton to co-host the 2013 Academy of Country Music Awards.
The Academy also says in a Tuesday news release that this year’s show will be held April 7 and Brad Paisley will host the ACM Fan Jam, a satellite event held simultaneously with the awards show.
Bryan replaces Reba McEntire. She served as host for more than a decade before stepping aside to concentrate on her new sitcom “Malibu Country.”
Shelton is also a star on “The Voice” and began sharing hosting duties with McEntire two years ago. This will be Bryan’s first gig hosting a live event.
The 48th annual ACM Awards will be broadcast live on CBS from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Dick Cheney: Family feud over gay marriage has been 'dealt with'
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Sen. Rand Paul: Long-term unemployment benefits are disservice to workers
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!