- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
After 4 decades, Comics Buyer’s Guide closing
Question of the Day
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Krause Publications says it is folding the long-published Comics Buyer’s Guide with the March issue, blaming a decline in advertising and free content online for the demise of the magazine titles that began reporting on the comic book industry in 1971.
In a statement Wednesday, Krause blamed “poor market conditions” for the move. Issue No. 1,699 will be the last one published.
The magazine was started by Alan Light as The Buyer’s Guide for Comic Fandom, publishing monthly at first, then twice a month, then weekly. Krause acquired the magazine in 1983 and changed the name to Comics Buyer’s Guide shortly thereafter, with Don and Maggie Thompson as editors.
Krause, based in Wisconsin, is part of Cincinnati-based F+W Media Inc. The magazine’s website will remain active as an archive resource.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq