- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Highlights of Hollywood’s 2013 film lineup
Question of the Day
Highlights of Hollywood’s 2013 schedule (release dates are subject to change):
“Broken City”: Mark Wahlberg’s an ex-cop out for revenge against a double-crossing mayor (Russell Crowe).
“Gangster Squad”: Josh Brolin and Ryan Gosling are LA detectives going after mob boss Mickey Cohen (Sean Penn) in the late 1940s.
“Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters”: The fairy-tale siblings (Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton) are all grown-up and bagging crones for a living.
“The Last Stand”: Arnold Schwarzenegger’s a former LA cop who’s now a sheriff hunting an escaped drug kingpin.
“Mama”: Jessica Chastain plays a woman caring for two traumatized sisters who may be haunted by an evil force.
“Beautiful Creatures”: A Southern teen (Alden Ehrenreich) finds love with a mysterious newcomer (Alice Englert) in the adaptation of the best-selling supernatural romance.
“Bullet to the Head”: Sylvester Stallone plays a hit man teamed with a cop as they seek to avenge their respective partners’ deaths.
“Dark Skies”: Keri Russell stars in a supernatural thriller about a family terrorized by an evil force.
“A Good Day to Die Hard”: Bruce Willis and son try to foil a nuke heist in Moscow in the fifth chapter in the “Die Hard” franchise.
“Identity Thief”: Jason Bateman’s desperate to get his good name restored after a woman (Melissa McCarthy) appropriates his identity.
“Snitch”: Dwayne Johnson’s a dad who goes undercover with a drug cartel to clear his son on a narcotics charge.
“Top Gun”: Tom Cruise takes to the air again with a 3-D reissue of his 1986 smash, playing a limited run at IMAX theaters.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq