- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
Highlights of Hollywood’s 2013 film lineup
Highlights of Hollywood’s 2013 schedule (release dates are subject to change):
“Broken City”: Mark Wahlberg’s an ex-cop out for revenge against a double-crossing mayor (Russell Crowe).
“Gangster Squad”: Josh Brolin and Ryan Gosling are LA detectives going after mob boss Mickey Cohen (Sean Penn) in the late 1940s.
“Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters”: The fairy-tale siblings (Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton) are all grown-up and bagging crones for a living.
“The Last Stand”: Arnold Schwarzenegger’s a former LA cop who’s now a sheriff hunting an escaped drug kingpin.
“Mama”: Jessica Chastain plays a woman caring for two traumatized sisters who may be haunted by an evil force.
“Beautiful Creatures”: A Southern teen (Alden Ehrenreich) finds love with a mysterious newcomer (Alice Englert) in the adaptation of the best-selling supernatural romance.
“Bullet to the Head”: Sylvester Stallone plays a hit man teamed with a cop as they seek to avenge their respective partners’ deaths.
“Dark Skies”: Keri Russell stars in a supernatural thriller about a family terrorized by an evil force.
“A Good Day to Die Hard”: Bruce Willis and son try to foil a nuke heist in Moscow in the fifth chapter in the “Die Hard” franchise.
“Identity Thief”: Jason Bateman’s desperate to get his good name restored after a woman (Melissa McCarthy) appropriates his identity.
“Snitch”: Dwayne Johnson’s a dad who goes undercover with a drug cartel to clear his son on a narcotics charge.
“Top Gun”: Tom Cruise takes to the air again with a 3-D reissue of his 1986 smash, playing a limited run at IMAX theaters.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- List Hillary Clinton's successes? State Dept. spokeswoman flubs answer
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014