- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Jimmy Kimmel: Late-night host beats Letterman in 1st head-to-head matchup
NEW YORK (AP) — ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” bot a warm welcome on its first night airing 30 minutes earlier.
Mr. Kimmel went head-to-head Tuesday for the first time against CBS’ “Late Show With David Letterman” and NBC’s “Tonight Show With Jay Leno.” According to the Nielsen fast national ratings, Mr. Kimmel edged out Mr. Letterman and ran slightly behind Mr. Leno in total viewers.
Tuesday’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live” was seen by roughly 3 million viewers, only 177,000 fewer than the audience for the “Tonight Show.” It beat “Late Show” by 115,000 viewers.
“Jimmy Kimmel Live” scored its second-largest audience ever while exceeding the average audience in its previous berth by 59 percent.
“Jimmy Kimmel Live” previously aired at midnight EST, after “Nightline.” It now airs for an hour beginning at 11:35 p.m., followed by “Nightline.”
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Afghanistan, heads to Africa
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.