- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Kaley Cuoco joins Shatner in Priceline ad campaign
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - William Shatner is getting a new Priceline commercial co-star: Kaley Cuoco of CBS' "The Big Bang Theory."
In an upcoming campaign for the online travel services company, Shatner's Negotiator reveals he has a daughter, played by Cuoco. She's been schooled since childhood in the art of _ what else? _ deal-making, and now is ready to join dad in pitching Priceline.
Cuoco, 27, said the 81-year-old Shatner has made Priceline "cool," but the company wanted to update its message for younger consumers.
The actors taped a pair of spots for the ad campaign that begins Jan. 14, with plans for two more commercials to be shot this summer, Cuoco said. The first spot is available on YouTube starting Wednesday.
She and Shatner turned out to be a good comedic match and had "way too much fun" making the spots, Cuoco said. Shatner returned the compliment, calling her "quite a talent."
Then there's that connection between Shatner's "Star Trek" history and Cuoco's role on the geekfest sitcom "Big Bang Theory."
"The nerdy factor, the Trekkie stuff, it goes with `Big Bang' and it all worked together," she said.
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- UHLER and FERRARA: Obamacare, the end of the progressive era
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow