- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
NBA suspends Anthony 1 game for postgame actions
“There are no circumstances in which it is acceptable for a player to confront an opponent after a game,” Jackson said in a statement. “Carmelo Anthony attempted to engage with Kevin Garnett multiple times after Monday’s game and therefore a suspension was warranted.”
Jackson said Anthony confronted Garnett “in the arena tunnel, near the players’ locker rooms, and in the parking garage.” The incident by the bus, with New York police and Knicks coach Mike Woodson nearby, was captured on videotape.
Anthony and Garnett received technical fouls with 9:03 remaining in the Celtics’ 102-96 victory, arguing with each other from the baseline to midcourt after a physical exchange on Boston’s previous possession. After the game, Anthony went the wrong direction toward the Celtics’ locker room in hopes of finding Garnett.
“There’s certain things that you just don’t say to men, another man,” said Anthony, who is married to actress LaLa Vasquez.
“It’s over with for me. Whatever happened last night, happened. The words that was being said between me and Garnett, it happened, can’t take that away,” Anthony added. “I lost my cool yesterday, I accept that, but there’s just certain things that push certain people’s buttons.”
Anthony was clearly affected by Garnett, shooting just 6 of 26 from the field after averaging 36 points last week while winning Eastern Conference player of the week honors. He said the All-Star forwards eventually spoke and sorted out the matter.
Anthony will be eligible to return Friday at home against Chicago. He was ejected from the last meeting with the Bulls after receiving two of his eight technical fouls this season.
Garnett was not penalized.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.