- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
Syrian Islamist group: We have no beef with Israel
Question of the Day
“We are only here to fight Assad,” said Laeth Horan, the spokesman for the Yarmouk Martyrs Brigade, the group that kidnapped U.N. peacekeepers in March and May, in The Times of Israel. “We want nothing from Israel and we want Israel to know this.”
Military experts have warned that groups such as the Brigade and the Sunni Free Syrian Army would take advantage of the conflict near the border as a means of launching attacks into Israel. Mr. Horan insisted, however, that wouldn’t happen.
“There is nothing between us and Israel,” he said in The Times of Israel. “We only have demands of Assad, even after the war. The Yarmouk Martyrs Brigade has no international aspirations. We are only in conflict with the Assad regime.”
He even praised Israel for providing medical treatment to wounded rebel fighters near the border. Israel has provided aid to more than two dozen Syrians injured in battle so far. And he said that even though the Golan Heights is contested territory — which Israel captured in the 1967 Six-Day War — there “is nothing between us and them,” and that’s how the situation stands, “even in 10 years’ time,” The Times of Israel reported.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Brooklyn Bridge surrenders: White flags replace Old Glory atop icon
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq