- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
- Vice principal saved from South Korean sinking ferry found hanged
- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
Giants pitcher faces lewdness charge in Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS (AP) - A San Francisco Giants pitcher accused of touching a woman’s breast at a Las Vegas hospital earlier this year now faces a lewdness charge.
Chad Gaudin (GOH’-din), 30, was arrested Jan. 27 and charged earlier this month with open and gross lewdness, according to The Las Vegas Review-Journal ( http://bit.ly/11CURlh). The arrest wasn’t publicized back in January and the newspaper reported on the case on Wednesday.
According to police reports, Gaudin appeared drunk when he approached a 23-year-old woman on a gurney at Desert Springs Hospital, told her she was gorgeous and touched her face and breast.
A paramedic who witnessed the incident told Gaudin to leave the woman alone, but he refused, and security staff held him down until police arrived, the report said.
“I asked Gaudin several times how he ended up at the hospital and each time he told me that he didn’t know,” the officer wrote in the report. “Gaudin appeared to be intoxicated. He had slurred speech, bloodshot eyes, trouble standing still, obeying commands, an odor of alcoholic beverages and couldn’t repeat his house number, where he lives, the same way twice in a row.”
Gaudin, who has pitched as a starter and in relief, is 2-1 this year with a 2.44 ERA. He last pitched against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday, when he got a no decision, going seven innings and giving up a run on four hits.
In his career, Gaudin has pitched for San Francisco, Miami, Washington, Oakland, Toronto and Tampa Bay. He is a lifetime 42-43 with a 4.46 ERA.
He’s married and has one son, according to his biography on the Giants‘ official website.
Information from: Las Vegas Review-Journal, http://www.lvrj.com
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- DeLAY: Hearings offer ripe target in Obamacare battle
- Attacks, rapes and forced conversions to Islam spike for Egypt's Christian women: report
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.