- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
Giants pitcher faces lewdness charge in Las Vegas
Question of the Day
LAS VEGAS (AP) - A San Francisco Giants pitcher accused of touching a woman's breast at a Las Vegas hospital earlier this year now faces a lewdness charge.
Chad Gaudin (GOH'-din), 30, was arrested Jan. 27 and charged earlier this month with open and gross lewdness, according to The Las Vegas Review-Journal ( http://bit.ly/11CURlh). The arrest wasn't publicized back in January and the newspaper reported on the case on Wednesday.
According to police reports, Gaudin appeared drunk when he approached a 23-year-old woman on a gurney at Desert Springs Hospital, told her she was gorgeous and touched her face and breast.
A paramedic who witnessed the incident told Gaudin to leave the woman alone, but he refused, and security staff held him down until police arrived, the report said.
"I asked Gaudin several times how he ended up at the hospital and each time he told me that he didn't know," the officer wrote in the report. "Gaudin appeared to be intoxicated. He had slurred speech, bloodshot eyes, trouble standing still, obeying commands, an odor of alcoholic beverages and couldn't repeat his house number, where he lives, the same way twice in a row."
Team officials didn't immediately return a call seeking comment on the case Wednesday. A number listed for Gaudin in the Las Vegas suburb of Henderson, Nev., appeared to be disconnected.
Gaudin, who has pitched as a starter and in relief, is 2-1 this year with a 2.44 ERA. He last pitched against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday, when he got a no decision, going seven innings and giving up a run on four hits.
In his career, Gaudin has pitched for San Francisco, Miami, Washington, Oakland, Toronto and Tampa Bay. He is a lifetime 42-43 with a 4.46 ERA.
He's married and has one son, according to his biography on the Giants' official website.
Information from: Las Vegas Review-Journal, http://www.lvrj.com
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world