- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
British Open player capsules
Question of the Day
World ranking: 40.
Worldwide wins: 6.
At his best in 2013: Never shot worse than 72 at Merion and tied for 10th in the U.S. Open.
At his worst in 2013: Hasn’t been in serious contention all year.
British Open moment: He is a combined 19-over par in his four Opens.
Pot bunker mentality: This would be called a long shot considering his record in the Open, but he is steady under pressure. Tied for 20th in the Masters and tied for 10th in the U.S. Open. Childhood friend of Sergio Garcia. When Garcia said at the Masters last year that he didn’t have what it takes to win a major, Gonzo replied, “If this guy doesn’t have it, how about me?” He has enough game.
World ranking: 3.
Worldwide wins: 11.
Majors: US Open (2013).
At his best in 2013: Hit 4-iron into the 18th green at Merion to wrap up the U.S. Open.
At his worst in 2013: Not much to choose from, though he did miss the cut at The Players Championship.
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Great discoveries in the world of restaurants and chefs fulfill the quest for delicious food and cooking.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
White House pets gone wild!