- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
British Open player capsules
Question of the Day
World ranking: 40.
Worldwide wins: 6.
At his best in 2013: Never shot worse than 72 at Merion and tied for 10th in the U.S. Open.
At his worst in 2013: Hasn’t been in serious contention all year.
British Open moment: He is a combined 19-over par in his four Opens.
Pot bunker mentality: This would be called a long shot considering his record in the Open, but he is steady under pressure. Tied for 20th in the Masters and tied for 10th in the U.S. Open. Childhood friend of Sergio Garcia. When Garcia said at the Masters last year that he didn’t have what it takes to win a major, Gonzo replied, “If this guy doesn’t have it, how about me?” He has enough game.
World ranking: 3.
Worldwide wins: 11.
Majors: US Open (2013).
At his best in 2013: Hit 4-iron into the 18th green at Merion to wrap up the U.S. Open.
At his worst in 2013: Not much to choose from, though he did miss the cut at The Players Championship.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq