- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
British Open player capsules
Question of the Day
British Open moment: Tying the major championship record with a 63 in the opening round at St. Andrews in 2010.
Pot bunker mentality: There is scant evidence that McIlroy will contend at the Open except that he is Rory McIlroy, and he is very good. He has a history of going into mini-slumps, but this is bordering on something more. Changed all his equipment at the start of the year, and is in the process of changing management again. Time is running out for him to join Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Tom Watson and Jack Nicklaus as the only players in the last 50 years to win a major in three successive seasons.
World ranking: 9.
Worldwide wins: 12.
At his best in 2013: Starting the final round of the U.S. Open two shots behind.
At his worst in 2013: Missing the cut at Wentworth going for a third straight BMW PGA Championship title.
British Open moment: Closing with a 67 at Turnberry and a 69 at Lytham for his only top-fives.
Pot bunker mentality: The first time since 2010 that he hasn’t won before the British Open. His driving has held him up, and his short game is still better than most, but not at the level that took him to No. 1. Played seven straight majors at No. 1 in the world. Now close to falling out of the top 10.
Country: United States.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq