- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
Nigerian radical Islamic sect: Burn schools, kill teachers
LAGOS, Nigeria — The leader of Nigeria's extremist Islamic sect threatens to burn down more schools and kill teachers. But he denies his fighters are killing children.
Islamic radical Abubakar Shekau speaks in a video released Saturday and denies his Boko Haram group is negotiating a peace with the Nigerian government.
He says he supports fighters who have burned down several schools in northeastern Nigeria in recent weeks but that the Quran teaches one must not kill children, women and elderly people. Dozens of children have been killed.
But he says "School teachers who are teaching Western education? We will kill them! We will kill them."
Attacks on schools have continued though Nigeria has deployed thousands of troops to put down an Islamic uprising posing the greatest threat in years to national security.
TWT Video Picks
Nevadans want to know whose hand at BLM is grabbing their land
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.