- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Stewart makes plea to end texting and driving
Just in case you wanted to share this info, Tony Stewart has one plea _ please don’t do it with a text while driving.
Stewart, a three-time Cup champion, is making a push for fans to put down the mobile device and focus on the road while driving
“The biggest problem when it comes to people being a nuisance in traffic is the fact they sit out in the left-hand lane, they’re texting, not paying attention to the fact there’s other people on the road,” Stewart said. “You’ve got to share the road. You have to work with the people around you.”
Stewart can’t stand driving in Indiana when others are causing havoc on the road because they’re distracted by their phones. It’s worse than trying to squeeze past lapped cars late in a NASCAR race
“It seems like as time goes on, more and more, there’s a lot less courtesy on the highways, interstates, streets, altogether,” Stewart said. “People don’t care. It shows in the driving. It shows in how traffic flows.”
So spread the word.
Just not from behind the wheel.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Mike Shanahan says he'd like to return to Redskins
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow