- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
British Open field
GULLANE, SCOTLAND (AP) - The field for the 142nd British Open golf championship, which starts Thursday at Muirfield. Players listed in only the first category for which they qualified:
British Open champions 60 or under on July 21: Ernie Els, Darren Clarke, Louis Oosthuizen, Stewart Cink, Padraig Harrington, Tiger Woods, Todd Hamilton, Ben Curtis, David Duval, Paul Lawrie, Mark O’Meara, Justin Leonard, Tom Lehman, Nick Faldo, Mark Calcavecchia, Sandy Lyle.
British Open champions who finished in the top 10 in the last five championships: Tom Watson.
Top 10 and ties from the 2012 British Open: Adam Scott, Brandt Snedeker, Luke Donald, Graeme McDowell, Nicolas Colsaerts, Thomas Aiken, Geoff Ogilvy, Miguel Angel Jimenez, Ian Poulter, Alexander Noren, Vijay Singh, Dustin Johnson, Matt Kuchar, Thorbjorn Olesen, Zach Johnson.
Top 50 in the world ranking on May 26: Keegan Bradley, Tim Clark, Jason Day, Jamie Donaldson, Jason Dufner, Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano, Rickie Fowler, Jim Furyk, Sergio Garcia, Robert Garrigus, Branden Grace, Bill Haas, Peter Hanson, Thongchai Jaidee, Martin Kaymer, David Lynn, Hunter Mahan, Matteo Manassero, Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson, Francesco Molinari, Ryan Moore, Carl Pettersson, Scott Piercy, D.A. Points, Justin Rose, Charl Schwartzel, Webb Simpson, Henrik Stenson, Kevin Streelman, Michael Thompson, Bo Van Pelt, Nick Watney, Bubba Watson, Lee Westwood.
Top 30 from the 2012 Race to Dubai on the European Tour: Marcel Siem, Rafael Cabrera-Bello, George Coetzee, Bernd Wiesberger, Danny Willett, Marcus Fraser, Richie Ramsay, Shane Lowry.
Top five players not otherwise exempt from the top 20 in the Race to Dubai through the French Open: Richard Sterne, Brett Rumford, Mikko Ilonen, Thomas Bjorn, Marc Warren.
US Open champions (5 years): Lucas Glover.
Masters champions (5 years): Angel Cabrera.
PGA champions (5 years): Y.E. Yang.
The Players Championship winner (3 years): K.J. Choi.
Field from the 2012 Tour Championship: John Senden, John Huh.
Top five PGA Tour members from among the top 20 in the FedEx Cup through The Greenbrier Classic: Billy Horschel, Boo Weekley, Russell Henley, Jimmy Walker, Harris English.
John Deere Classic winner: Jordan Spieth.
Winner of the Order of Merit on the Asian Tour: Thaworn Wiratchant.
Winner of the Order of Merit on the Australasian Tour: Peter Senior.
2012 Japan Open champion: Kenichi Kuboya.
Top two players from the Japan Golf Tour money list in 2012: Hiroyuki Fujita, Toru Taniguchi.
Top four players not otherwise exempt from the 2013 Mizuno Open: Brendan Jones, Shingo Katayama, K.T. Kim, Makoto Inoue.
Top two players and ties in a money list of all 2013 Japan Golf Tour events through the Mizuno Open: Satoshi Kodaira, Hyung-Sung Kim
Senior British Open champion: Fred Couples.
British Amateur champion: a-Garrick Porteous.
U.S. Amateur champion: a-Steven Fox.
European Amateur champion: a-Rhys Pugh.
International Final Qualifying (Australasia): Mark Brown, Steven Jeffress, Stephen Dartnall.
International Final Qualifying (Africa): Justin Harding, Eduardo De La Silva, Darryn Lloyd.
International Final Qualifying (Asia): Kiradech Aphibarnrat, Hideki Matsuyama, Daisuke Maruyama, Ashun Wu.
International Final Qualifying (America): Josh Teater, Brian Davis, Camilo Villegas, Robert Karlsson, Luke Guthrie, Bud Cauley, Johnson Wagner, Scott Brown.
International Final Qualifying (Europe): Brooks Koepka, Oliver Fisher, Gregory Bourdy, Richard McEvoy, Gareth Maybin, Alvaro Quiros, Niclas Fasth, Scott Jamieson, Estanislao Goya.
Local Final Qualifying: a-Grant Forrest, Shiv Kapur, John Wade, a-Ben Stow, Oscar Floren, a-Matthew Fitzpatrick, a-Jimmy Mullen, Gareth Wright, George Murray, Steven Tiley, Lloyd Saltman, Tyrrell Hatton.
Alternates: Jonas Blixt, Martin Laird, Freddie Jacobson, Marc Leishman, Graham DeLaet, Kyle Stanley, Chris Wood, Ken Duke, Stephen Gallacher, Scott Stallings.
Reserve list: Joost Luiten, Brendon de Jonge, David Lingmerth, Sang-moon Bae, Kevin Chappell.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014