- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
British Open field
GULLANE, SCOTLAND (AP) - The field for the 142nd British Open golf championship, which starts Thursday at Muirfield. Players listed in only the first category for which they qualified:
British Open champions 60 or under on July 21: Ernie Els, Darren Clarke, Louis Oosthuizen, Stewart Cink, Padraig Harrington, Tiger Woods, Todd Hamilton, Ben Curtis, David Duval, Paul Lawrie, Mark O'Meara, Justin Leonard, Tom Lehman, Nick Faldo, Mark Calcavecchia, Sandy Lyle.
British Open champions who finished in the top 10 in the last five championships: Tom Watson.
Top 10 and ties from the 2012 British Open: Adam Scott, Brandt Snedeker, Luke Donald, Graeme McDowell, Nicolas Colsaerts, Thomas Aiken, Geoff Ogilvy, Miguel Angel Jimenez, Ian Poulter, Alexander Noren, Vijay Singh, Dustin Johnson, Matt Kuchar, Thorbjorn Olesen, Zach Johnson.
Top 50 in the world ranking on May 26: Keegan Bradley, Tim Clark, Jason Day, Jamie Donaldson, Jason Dufner, Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano, Rickie Fowler, Jim Furyk, Sergio Garcia, Robert Garrigus, Branden Grace, Bill Haas, Peter Hanson, Thongchai Jaidee, Martin Kaymer, David Lynn, Hunter Mahan, Matteo Manassero, Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson, Francesco Molinari, Ryan Moore, Carl Pettersson, Scott Piercy, D.A. Points, Justin Rose, Charl Schwartzel, Webb Simpson, Henrik Stenson, Kevin Streelman, Michael Thompson, Bo Van Pelt, Nick Watney, Bubba Watson, Lee Westwood.
Top 30 from the 2012 Race to Dubai on the European Tour: Marcel Siem, Rafael Cabrera-Bello, George Coetzee, Bernd Wiesberger, Danny Willett, Marcus Fraser, Richie Ramsay, Shane Lowry.
Top five players not otherwise exempt from the top 20 in the Race to Dubai through the French Open: Richard Sterne, Brett Rumford, Mikko Ilonen, Thomas Bjorn, Marc Warren.
US Open champions (5 years): Lucas Glover.
Masters champions (5 years): Angel Cabrera.
PGA champions (5 years): Y.E. Yang.
The Players Championship winner (3 years): K.J. Choi.
Field from the 2012 Tour Championship: John Senden, John Huh.
Top five PGA Tour members from among the top 20 in the FedEx Cup through The Greenbrier Classic: Billy Horschel, Boo Weekley, Russell Henley, Jimmy Walker, Harris English.
John Deere Classic winner: Jordan Spieth.
Winner of the Order of Merit on the Asian Tour: Thaworn Wiratchant.
Winner of the Order of Merit on the Australasian Tour: Peter Senior.
2012 Japan Open champion: Kenichi Kuboya.
Top two players from the Japan Golf Tour money list in 2012: Hiroyuki Fujita, Toru Taniguchi.
Top four players not otherwise exempt from the 2013 Mizuno Open: Brendan Jones, Shingo Katayama, K.T. Kim, Makoto Inoue.
Top two players and ties in a money list of all 2013 Japan Golf Tour events through the Mizuno Open: Satoshi Kodaira, Hyung-Sung Kim
Senior British Open champion: Fred Couples.
British Amateur champion: a-Garrick Porteous.
U.S. Amateur champion: a-Steven Fox.
European Amateur champion: a-Rhys Pugh.
International Final Qualifying (Australasia): Mark Brown, Steven Jeffress, Stephen Dartnall.
International Final Qualifying (Africa): Justin Harding, Eduardo De La Silva, Darryn Lloyd.
International Final Qualifying (Asia): Kiradech Aphibarnrat, Hideki Matsuyama, Daisuke Maruyama, Ashun Wu.
International Final Qualifying (America): Josh Teater, Brian Davis, Camilo Villegas, Robert Karlsson, Luke Guthrie, Bud Cauley, Johnson Wagner, Scott Brown.
International Final Qualifying (Europe): Brooks Koepka, Oliver Fisher, Gregory Bourdy, Richard McEvoy, Gareth Maybin, Alvaro Quiros, Niclas Fasth, Scott Jamieson, Estanislao Goya.
Local Final Qualifying: a-Grant Forrest, Shiv Kapur, John Wade, a-Ben Stow, Oscar Floren, a-Matthew Fitzpatrick, a-Jimmy Mullen, Gareth Wright, George Murray, Steven Tiley, Lloyd Saltman, Tyrrell Hatton.
Alternates: Jonas Blixt, Martin Laird, Freddie Jacobson, Marc Leishman, Graham DeLaet, Kyle Stanley, Chris Wood, Ken Duke, Stephen Gallacher, Scott Stallings.
Reserve list: Joost Luiten, Brendon de Jonge, David Lingmerth, Sang-moon Bae, Kevin Chappell.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.