- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Jenny McCarthy to join ‘The View’ as co-host
NEW YORK – Actress and former Playboy playmate Jenny McCarthy was named Monday as the next co-host to join the panel of “The View.”
“We love her because she’s fun, she’s uninhibited and she’s opinionated enough to help us begin the latest chapter in ‘The View’ history,” Ms. Walters said.
Miss McCarthy arrives at the start of the 17th season on Sept. 9.
She has previously made 17 appearances on “The View” and guest-hosted eight times.
The 40-year-old Miss McCarthy began her career posing for Playboy and has since starred in TV sitcoms and appeared in films including “Scary Movie 3.”
She has emerged as a controversial activist campaigning about the dangers of vaccines, which she believes triggered her son’s autism.
Miss McCarthy will join “The View” as Joy Behar prepares to leave after being a fixture on the show since its premiere.
A remaining vacancy was created last week by Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who exited to join Fox News Channel. There is no word on when that slot will be filled.
And there will be yet another opening before much longer: Ms. Walters has said she is retiring from television next year.
Other co-hosts of “The View” remain Sherri Shepherd and Whoopi Goldberg.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Calif. shop facing angry fire pulls 'smart gun' from shelves
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again