- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Twinkies are back — but they’re tinier
Question of the Day
Twinkies are finally back on store shelves — but they’re a bit tinier than many will remember.
The new boxes hitting store shelves list each cake at 135 calories and 38.5 grams. Or, per package of two cakes, 270 calories and 77 grams, The Associated Press reported. But that’s a bit different from a few months ago, before the company declared bankruptcy.
Then, each cake weighed in at 42.5 grams and touted 150 calories, AP reported.
A spokeswoman for Hostess said the change in size had been decided in mid-2012, in the lead-up to the bankruptcy filing.
One other change: The shelf life for the newly introduced Twinkies is longer.
The snack cake used to have a shelf life of 26 days. It’s now 45 days, AP reported. But the shelf-life change went into effect earlier, back in November.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow