- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stand with Cuccinelli
As your editorial discussed, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit has ruled that the Obama administration illegally appointed members to the National Labor Relations Board ("The NLRB's unfair labor practice," Comment & Analysis, May 13). And now the U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to hear the appeal of that decision. My imagination would be overtaxed to believe that the high court would not agree with the lower court.
The NLRB is ignoring the lower court's decision as it continues to force businesses to post pro-union posters as a means to prop up dying unions in the private sector. Here in Virginia, we have a right-to-work law. We the people need to stand strong in defense of that law because it is a key to liberty in the private sector. Part of that stance is a governor who will protect our right to work.
Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli has vowed to fight any attempt to roll back our right-to-work law. We the people need to make our vows to stand with him.
EDWARD R. LONG
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Get Breaking Alerts
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CPAC 2014: GOP optimism, agenda emerge at CPAC
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's flawed Mideast 'peace' plan
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Foreign policy would distract Obama from social hour
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hit Putin where it hurts over Ukraine