- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Liberal media’s new lows
Question of the Day
The liberal press and the usual, well-known race baiters have given top attention and headlines to the unfortunate fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin and the recent acquittal of the accused, George Zimmerman ("Trayvon Martin's family has little chance for recourse in court," Web, July 15). As usual they have taken it way out of proper context.
There has been no mention, of course, of the enormous number of black-on-black killings that take place in many of the nation's inner cities on a weekly basis. Apparently the liberal press doesn't want poorly informed citizens ever to forget that there is dissension among blacks and whites.
You know that there are no longer any journalistic standards in place when audio recordings critical to this case are doctored or deleted so that one gets the "correct" view of the situation, when childhood pictures of the victim are used in court and when The New York Times describes the accused as being a "white Hispanic." What?
It seems the leftist press has sunk to new lows, even for it.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
Get Breaking Alerts
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?