- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
Newman, Busch swapping barbs after New Hampshire
Question of the Day
Wise is participating in a 70.3-mile half-Ironman that will include a 1.2-mile swim in Lake Michigan, a 56-mile bike course and a 13.1-mile run in Racine, Wis.
Wise has been training for the July 21 event in Racine for about a year. At the most intense part of his training, Wise was swimming five miles, biking 150 miles and running 20 miles per week. In these final days before the race, he will carry a lighter training schedule to allow his body to recover and be in prime condition for Sunday.
“I’ve always trained really hard to be in good shape in the race car, and this just added a fun element to that for me and goals for me to set,” he said.
ARCA MARK: Frank Kimmel will try and set the ARCA mark for career wins Sunday at Chicagoland Speedway
Kimmel matched Iggy Katona’s record of 79 wins when he took the checkered flag June 30 at Winchester Speedway. Kimmel has won nine series championships since his 1990 debut.
“It crossed my mind, but then I told myself not to think about it too early,” Kimmel said.
Kimmel’s 79 wins have come at 28 different tracks, including Chicagoland Speedway in 2003
Katona drove in the ARCA series from 1953 to 1977, winning at 40 different tracks in more than 600 career starts.
AP Auto Racing Writer Jenna Fryer contributed to this report.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq